Saturday, October 13, 2007

1 Syawal, 1428H


Today is the first day of Syawal. It is Hari Raya Aidil Fitri to us. Its Eid Al Mubarak to the rest of the world. The day is started with the Sembahyang Sunat Aidil Fitri where the Imam will say his sermon, after the prayer. Then we come home, usually to the parent's place and beg for forgiveness.

Then its the customary meal. In our household, its always ketupat, sayur masak lodeh, rendang, sambal sotong and ketupat pulut daun palas.



Then is the usual annual 'Pagi Raya' photo opp. I have been doing this every year (with the exception when I was abroad), every single First Syawal since my father bought me a Canon AE 1-P in 1983.
Its customary, for our household to wait for relatives to visit. This is because my father is the only surviving uncle in the family and my mother is the oldest daughter in her side. Then by late afternoon, we will push of down south to the southern most city in mainland continent Asia, to be with her family in Kampung Stulang Baru, Johor Bahru.

Till then, this is us wishing everyone, Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

No comments: