Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Outing on the evening before school re-opens, 2008

We did some chores for the day. I took the family to sort out some error at the Land Office. Then we did some banking and later we took my mother's maid to the doctors. She has been ill since four days ago.

Linda was on leave, as she wanted to spent time with Aishah, since most of us spent the bigger part of the past two months taking care of Abah. We had to treat Aishah for something nice, since it wasn't an enjoyable school holidays for her.

Left: The "Eye of Malaysia"

Then after the rainstorm subsided, we went to Kuala Lumpur for an evening outing, to celebrate the end of the school holidays, as school officially starts tomorrow. So I took them to the "Eye of Malaysia". Traffic was amazingly thin, at 6.00pm all the way to the city.

Right: Waiting for our turn on the 'big wheel'

When we arrived at Tasik Titiwangsa Park, there were hardly any people there. Its easy to get a carpark and there was no queue to get onto the ride. The ride cost RM 15.00 for adults and RM 8.00 for kids.

Left: On the ride, as the sun comes down, to an amazing sight

It was an amazing experience indeed. The only set back that it was rainy, so the clouds were thick and the screen was watery. Thus, the scene is not that good.

Right: The nice view of the plaza leading towards the pier when the 'big wheel' sits.

Otherwise, it is definitely a must-see attraction for Kuala Lumpur. If I am not mistaken, the "Eye of Malaysia" at Tasik Titiwangsa Park will end on Independence day, 2008. The movement is rather gentle, although the gondola does swing when the wheel turns. So if you are not heart-faint, bring the kids and old folks too.

Left: After the ride

Then, immediately after, we went dinner-hunting. After a short consultation and negotiations, we headed towards The Pavillion, for some pasta at The Loaf. Again the traffic was very light (so unlike a rainy first day of work, after a long holiday).

Right: Queueing for some bread

When we got to the gourmet bakery-restaurant, we were informed that there were no ala carte menu and there's only a set dinner menu. The festivities season was the reason given. So we decided to get some treats from the bakery and went dinner-hunting again, at the food court in the basement.

Left: A 'surprise' shot, whilst at the cashier

We went into Tony Roma's (I was dying for the renowed ribs!). Unfortunately, after grazing through the menu, there wasn't anything that Aishah would have enjoyed. So we went out around the food court again, dinner-hunting.

Right: Sweet for a sweet; scoffing down dessert, after a good meal

We finally settled at a Japanese restaurant, Ichiban Boshi, that specialized in soba. I had it with, along with some shashimis. Linda had the tempura, whilst Aishah had the chicken katsu with rice.

When we got home, we had another pleasant surprise. The signature pastry, "Campagne fromage" is really good!

It was a good evening indeed.


SweetMM said...

Assalam alaikum Bozo,

Can you email me at I need to enquire some info from you. If you don't mind you can leave here your email address?


Mior Azhar said...

Salam Big Z,
Happy New Year to you and your family. Aishah is now in what year?

Zakhir's Zoo said...


Thanks for dropping in. Happy New Year and Salam Maal Hijrah to you.

Aishah now is now in Primary 6 @ SK Damansara Utama.

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

big bro,

lama takde update. hows your dad doing? sure hope he's in much greater shape now.

Zakhir's Zoo said...

Danny Da' Wheeler,

Yes. So busy lah, lately. You knowlah, life's back to the usual routine (+ extra as I did almost 'nothing' except to ensure my father is 'comfortable', and now to cover back for the 2 month's loss of time/opportunities etc etc).

He is getting better. Tonight, he wants to go and eat at San Francisco Steakhouse, for dinner!


Kerp (Ph.D) said...

whoaa...good to know he's doing wonderful and been eating well, as in, extremely well. you know la, those succulent grilled tenderloins, can be a whopper to some.